May 14, 2013

Dinner date and pasta with the catholic engineer.

I wasn't going to write a blog post about this event  but then it occured to me that it could quite  possibly be the first and only date that I will go on this year and so I feel this needs to be documented. On Friday  night whilst I was off on my own mission I met two local university students in a bar.  The one was particularly "handsome" as they call the boys here . Feeling like a tit as I was on my own , I decided to attempt to make some new friends. Being the warm friendly bunch that Koreans are they very kindly invited me to join them. A lot of small talk went down and by small talk I literally mean small talk as the language barrier was a bit of a problem and being the chatterbox that I am I have to constantly remind myself that I am in Korea and that most people have no clue as to what I am saying . ( I really need to learn Korean)  Nevertheless we managed to hold a conversation and exchanged stories about our countries. By the end of the night I had new friends and they got my Kakao ID  ( exchanging numbers rarely happens as everyone uses kakao which works  off a username basis) It was not much later when I received a message from the " handsome "  one which read " missing you you kiki" and " are you okey "  now yes this may sound slightly creepy but I have come to realise that when Koreans say that I think it is  almost like saying hello. Still , I found this a bit strange considering I had only met him 4 hours before .  I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and replied. By Sunday night he asked if we could go for dinner. Now I haven't been on a date in half a decade , yes ,  true story so when he asked me I was very hesitant to say yes. Dummies guide to dating is what I need. I decided to be brave and give it a shot and im so glad that I did. We went to an awesome Italian restaurant  and had an amazing pasta . Points to him for not subjecting me to Korean food . A more sweet and innocent date would be hard to come by. No alcohol , just coke and pasta. No immature  male nonsense just interesting conversation. With the help of our translation apps on our phones we managed to learn quite a bit about eachother. The most important thing I learnt about him ? He's catholic and studying engineering. Need I say more. Jack pot.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! Lol I want an update on this "handsome" Catholic, Korean engineer!!

    ReplyDelete