Nov 23, 2013

School festival fun

Golden Bell , face painting , amazing korean food  , fan dance performances , musical performances and convent girls breaking it down to k pop and rocking out on their guitars.These are just a few of the many fun  aspects that made our school festival a day full of fun. Being the child like person that I Am I took advantage of all the fun activities that were on offer .From having pink penguins painted on my face to decorating custard biscuits  with icing  and making glow in the dark bouncy balls in the science lab   I Was in my element! But , two of the events that really deserve special mention  are the Mamma Mia play and the Crayon Pop teachers performance . 

Mamma Mia
After much anticipation we finally did our play. The girls were amazing . They all looked like Broadway stars. Their enthusiasm and energy radiated  from the stage . I was so incredibly proud of them. The shouts of applause from the audience was a clear sign of just how much they loved  the show. The late nights at school really did pay off.

Teachers performance -crayon pop
5pm , the final event of the festival and possibly the most anticpated performance by the students as it involved their teachers.  Our little dancing group consisted of , two of my co teachers ,  a maths teacher , myself  annnnnnd  the star of the show ....our principle!  Our attire was beyond sexy.  Colourful hoodies , and ugly ass shorts that our  students kindly allowed us to borrow.  We were spared from having to wear those riduculous  bicycle helmets that the k pop group are forced to wear. We looked simply irresistible .....NAAAt.  Between  having  very little time to perfect the dance   and being a very uncordinated person  I had little faith in the performance and myself.  THe lights went on , the music started and the students went crazy.Cameras flashing everywhere . Jumping up and down on stage  ,  struggling to keep in time with the others and  the principle trying to mimic  my dance moves , It really was a kodak camera moment . For all we know we could be on youtube already.  Despite the fact that I Hate the song and lack in the sexy dance moves it really was a fun and unforgettable  experience . 

No comments:

Post a Comment