Nov 28, 2013

A Warner family Christmas tradition

Tonight marks not only the first of December but also  the first day  advent. A very special and sacred time for  Christians and for my family and I. It is a time where we start preparing for Christmas and bond as a family over Christmas festivities.  Tonight  at number  8 Badegmore Avenue  Constantia  '  All I want for Christmas  and  'TIs the season to be jolly'   will be played on  full volume from our lounge . Dad will be untaggling the CHristmas lights and ensuring they are all working .   Mom as always will be   deciding on the peferct  colour theme for the Christmas tree  . My sisters will no doubt be  dancing around in santa hats and sorting out decorations and deciding on which ones  make the cut  on the Warner family tree.  My dog, Abby,  will be sporting the most stylish red and green check ribbon in her hair picked out by my fashion guru sister  , whilst my blue eyed burmese cat  will be lazing about in the lounge purring away and  enjoying the Warner Christmas tree spectacle.  

Once mom has decided on the appropriate colour theme each of us will  choose a decoration to place on the tree until the entire tree is covered  in only the best Christmas decorations. Lastly , our beautiful gold  angel will be placed on top of the tree , a  job that I have come to  take responsibility for  over the years. Tonight this beautiful Warner family tradition will take place  and for the first time in 25 years I will not be there to celebrate  it. 

I have been dreading December as I Know that this month is  going to be the most emotionally challenging  month that I have had to  face  in  KOrea thus far. Tonight whilst my family put up the tree I will be thinking of them dancing around in their  Christmas hats and having a good time.

Its funny ,  how so often it is  the moments that we took for granted in the past  that are the moments and memories that we now long for the most . 

Tomorrow ,  I shall  attempt to put up my own Christmas tree in my tiny shoe box size of an apartment and as I Place the angel on top of the tree I will think of my family and all the Christmas memories that we have shared over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment