Nov 28, 2013

A step into the past

This evening my co teacher treated me to a night at the Gyeongju art centre. We watched a traditional korean performance about a queen.who  was celebrating her 60th birthday  during the Joseon Dynasty . Im no  historian so I cannot give you an exact dates of the JOseon dynasty  but basically an era that was a good couple of hundred years ago and the era where women were merely seen bit never heard. 
As the entire performance was in Korean   I had no clue about what was going on other than that the queen was celebrating her birthday, but that  did not matter . The heavenly melodic sounds of the traditional Korean instruments , the  beautiful Korean decor on stage and the  beautifully tailored traditional men's clothing  paired with the vivid colors of the women hanbocks  made me.feel like I had been transported back in time.
One of my favourite aspects about  Korea is the wonderful deep rooted traditions. I find them so fascinating  and beautiful. From tea ceremonies , to bowing , traditional Korean dances and much more.

 Korean culture is something that I admire greatly and believe that we can all learn something from this wonderful country.

No comments:

Post a Comment