Dec 13, 2013

Christmas at the Convent

Christmas carols  being played through the speakers echoing throughout the entire school  ,  giant christmas trees  being put up  , masses of colourful and  elaborate decorations being unpacked and  there in the middle of the school foyer ,  a beautiful giant  nativity scene.   Christmas at the convent has arrived !  Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would end up at a school that actually celebrates the true meaning of   Christmas. What a blessing it is to be surounded by people who share my joy and love for Christmas .  My students and I had a grand time decorating the giant Christmas trees .  Wrapping tinsel around our necks as bowers  and standing on ladders in order to put the angel on top of the tree all added to the crazy CHristmas spirit.The magic did not end there . The next evening as I left school  I saw a bright light illuminating from the school foyer . I have never seen such a magical sight . It was like something out of a CHritsmas story. The giant trees were covered in the most beautiful Christmas lights . 

THat sight alone was enough to get me into the Christmas spirit and motivated me to pimp out my classroom  for Christmas. 70 000 won later and  I was very satisfied with my Christmas attire for the classroom . One can never buy too many Christmas decorations.  Although I was disapp ointed that HomePlus could not cater to my needs and supply me with a traditional green Christmas tree  ,  I was not going to let some minor decor drama crush my Christmas spirit . Many students came pouring.into the classroom and were more than happy to dress the Christmas tree . From gold and silver candy canes to giant rudolphs , we pimped out the Classroom. I never thought I would ever  learn to love a white Christmas tree , however I must admit it actually doesnt look so common when its covered in silver and gold decorations . Dare I even say it looks classy.  

For the final Christmas touch to my classroom I decided to embrace my inner elementary teacher  and decorate the classrom board in giant christmas trees and snowmen . Although i realised that my  16 year.oklld students would probably  not appreciate  it ,  I just coudnt resist going all out .  Anyone who teaches elementary will agree with me here when I Say that  you are never too old for decorating, drawing  painting and colouring in. After many extra hours at school my giant snowman  and Christmas tree  was done .  I decided to incorporate my Christmas friends into a lesson .

' A CHristmas wish for the world ' Each student had to think of a  CHristmas wish that was important to people. Something meaningful. I had to explain the term 'meaningful ' very carefully to them as some of the dear flowers were under the impression that a   rich boyfriend , an ipad and  Zara clothes were vital for the world. Each christmas wish was written onto a piece of  paper and then stuck onto the snowman and the Christmas tree . By the end of the week my snowman and christmas tree was filled with the most beautiful wishes for the world. By far my personal favourite
'I hope that everyone gets to eat water '  bless her . ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment